This position manages and leads all aspects of customs compliance associated with the transactions involving a country/regional jurisdiction. Responsible for entry operations, processes, and activities associated with designated country/region.
• Manage customs- related compliance activities for the jurisdiction of assigned country/region.
• Implement corporate-wide customs compliance policies, standards, and processes related to: classification for import (e.g., HTS/HS/CN); entry operations; regulatory import and reporting requirements; trade programs and agreements; valuation; other government agency requirements as they relate to import compliance.
• Responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with assigned country/region customs regulations.
• Prepare and deliver training on country specific requirements to stakeholders engaged in transactions related to assigned country/region jurisdiction.
• Ensure adherence to corporate compliance standards through training and processes.
• Collaborate with affiliate stakeholders to implement customs compliance procedures and processes.
• Monitor and provide advice on laws and regulations related to related jurisdiction’s customs compliance regulations; determine and communicate the impact of proposed legal and regulatory changes and work with affected stakeholders to determine appropriate response to proposed changes.
• Evaluate and assist in implementation of trade compliance software systems as appropriate.
• Provide technical, strategic, and operational directive to the country/regional management teams by controlling and managing the flow of information, making recommendations, and providing resolution where applicable. Dictate standards and revisions as required.
• Organize, lead, and control effectively – add demonstrable value to the country/regional department in the execution of customs processes.
• Demonstrate strong leadership that excels in establishing solid teams and driving performance.
• Demonstrate superior knowledge of customs compliance, including best practices. Apply qualifications to positively affect department competencies and efficiencies.
• Drive continuous improvement of country/region trade compliance program.
• Perform other duties in support of the Global Trade Compliance program.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of directly related experience (or, Associate's degree with 9 years of directly related experience, or HS Diploma with 13 years of directly related experience) . • Customs broker’s license preferred. • MBA or JD, equivalent legal training a plus. • Strong English skills required. • Fluency in second language a plus. • Minimum five years of experience in customs compliance management.
We have one mission: to discover new ways to enhance sight and improve people’s lives. Together with Novartis, we offer the widest spectrum of products in eye care. This enables us to serve our customers through the full life cycle of patient needs across eye diseases, vision conditions and refractive errors.
Alcon's leadership is grounded in cutting-edge innovation and breakthrough technology,... transforming the way we treat eye diseases and conditions. We offer a broad spectrum of eye care products and are organized into two businesses: Surgical and Vision Care.
•Surgical – Alcon offers the industry’s most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
•Vision Care – Through the integration of CIBA VISION , Alcon is now one of the largest manufacturers of contact lenses and lens care products. Our Vision Care portfolio offers daily disposable, monthly replacement and color-enhancing contact lenses for comfortable and convenient vision correction options. We also have a complete line of contact lens care products. These include multi-purpose and hydrogen-peroxide based solutions to clean, rinse and disinfect contact lenses; rewetting drops to provide added comfort throughout the day; and daily protein remover that removes protein deposits from lenses.