Work closely with Director of Customs Compliance to design, implement, and manage a Division-wide, global customs compliance program for pharmaceutical and medical device company. Classify products in accordance with customs regulations and qualify and manage products for trade agreement and program purposes. Review issues related to entry operations, valuation, and other customs competencies.
1.Support the development and maintenance of customs compliance policies, standards, and processes with a focus on customs entry operations, broker management, classification, valuation, trade programs and agreements, and internal auditing.
2. Serve as subject matter expert supporting Trade Compliance Managers at Alcon’s affiliate globally in implementing customs compliance procedures and providing customs guidance related to entry operations and customs broker management.
3. Classify products for import purposes and prepare classification philosophies and ruling requests.
4. Lead internal customs audits and compliance reviews for operations globally.
5. Assist business operations and regions in identifying, training, and supporting stakeholders Manage FDA-related U.S. customs entry requirements.
6. Support the design and implementation of customs compliance training for various levels of audiences from awareness training to subject matter experts.
7. May be called upon to assist in other areas of customs, including regulatory analyses, ruling requests, and business development initiatives/opportunities.
8. Gather and interpret relevant data from ERP and government systems.
9. Support the export controls function and restricted party screening activities.
10. Provide analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals.
11. Assist in monitoring laws and regulations related to customs, determining and communicating the impact of proposed changes, and working with affected stakeholders to determine appropriate response to proposed changes.
12. Drive continuous improvement of Alcon’s Global Trade Compliance program.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
2 years directly related experience with Bachelor's degree
6 years directly related experience with Associate's degree
10 years directly related experience with no degree
We have one mission: to discover new ways to enhance sight and improve people’s lives. Together with Novartis, we offer the widest spectrum of products in eye care. This enables us to serve our customers through the full life cycle of patient needs across eye diseases, vision conditions and refractive errors.
Alcon's leadership is grounded in cutting-edge innovation and breakthrough technology,... transforming the way we treat eye diseases and conditions. We offer a broad spectrum of eye care products and are organized into two businesses: Surgical and Vision Care.
•Surgical – Alcon offers the industry’s most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
•Vision Care – Through the integration of CIBA VISION , Alcon is now one of the largest manufacturers of contact lenses and lens care products. Our Vision Care portfolio offers daily disposable, monthly replacement and color-enhancing contact lenses for comfortable and convenient vision correction options. We also have a complete line of contact lens care products. These include multi-purpose and hydrogen-peroxide based solutions to clean, rinse and disinfect contact lenses; rewetting drops to provide added comfort throughout the day; and daily protein remover that removes protein deposits from lenses.