The mission of (c) Management, Inc. (CMI), is to provide trusted and dynamic management services for associations, foundations, and non-profits in the healthcare field. The Association of Community Cancer Centers, (c) Management, Inc.’s largest client, (ACCC) promotes the entire continuum of quality cancer care for our patients and our communities. We seek a Director of Development and Strategic Alliances for our Rockville, MD office, reporting to the ACCC Chief Development Officer.
The Director will be responsible for the executive leadership, strategic direction, and funding strategy for ACCC’s membership priorities as well as developing a Development strategy to receive appropriate grants from Foundations and other patient advocacy groups.
The Director will be a mentor and relationship builder with a deep understanding of the development function and client member needs. In addition, the Director will be responsible for identifying and promoting ACCC member programs and individuals into leadership roles for the various educational initiatives.
The Director will be responsible for setting and managing expectations for members and funders, highlighting and resolving issues, ensuring regular communications and managing internal and external activities to achieve development goals and objectives for these initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic direction to staff and member leadership to ensure that the annual curriculum for each of ACCC’s major educational initiatives aligns with the educational needs and learning style preferences of the membership
· Develop partnerships with appropriate external organizations, including ACCC cancer program members, patient advocacy groups, foundations and other professional associations across initiatives.
· Develop a sustainable revenue model for ACCC’s major educational initiatives.
· Develop, maintain, and expand relationships and funding opportunities with ACCC’s corporate partners for all initiatives.
· Communicate ACCC capabilities to funders and maintain understanding of funder trends and needs via regular in-person communication.
· Oversee the overall funding process, including proposal development, submission, tracking, reporting, and reconciliation for all initiatives.
· Establish external presence and recognition of ACCC’s major educational initiatives through comprehensive marketing plans to promote sustained customer satisfaction and long-term relationships
· Increase ACCC program and individual member engagement in educational initiatives through Advisory Committee participation, application to serve as project host sites, submission of concepts for future curriculum planning, as well as increased participation across learning channels.
Strong relationship management skills, communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff, members, partner organizations, and funders.
Experience securing significant ($1mil+), sustained educational funding for a non-profit healthcare organization.
10+ years Development/Sales/Fundraising experience.
Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
Strong customer service focus.
Ability to establish and maintain effective internal working relationships.
Ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed (i.e, conferences and conventions) and travel up to 33%
The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) promotes the entire continuum of quality cancer care for our patients and our communities. Since 1974, ACCC has been helping oncology professionals adapt to the complex changes of delivering quality cancer care.
ACCC members rely on the Association to bring them information on cancer program management, reimbursement issues, legislative and regulatory changes at the state and national levels, community cancer program standards, NCI-funded community clinical research, hospital alliances and physician relationships, and more.
More than 25,000 cancer care professionals from 2,500 hospitals and practices nationwide are members of ACCC. It is estimated that 70 percent of the nation's cancer patients are treated by a member of ACCC.
To learn more about some of ACCC’s major educational initiatives, please visit:
(c ) Management, Inc. offers a very competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Savings Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking, an on-site fitness center and more!
Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: HR@c-managementinc.com
About Association of Community Cancer Centers
(c) Management Inc. is an accredited association management company with 19 oncology related clients.