Overall summary of the essential functions of the position.
1. Assist with the creation and editing of content for the Marketing and Communications department;
2. Contribute to, proofread, and edit Marketing and Communications materials, including content for news releases, college blogs, course and program materials, etc.;
3. Create and post timely and informational posts to The Insider blog;
4. Execute writing assignments such as student success stories, faculty/staff profiles, and print and broadcast advertisements;
5. Coordinate with Marketing and Communications team to assist with production needs
6. Use college social media handles to post timely updates using marketing and communication content, including photos and video
7. Take photos and videos for use on the college website and social media platforms, as well as use photo and video editing software;
8. Maintain objectivity, integrity, and confidentiality in handling institutional and student information; and
9. Investigate ways to improve existing systems and processes to increase efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness.
Must be a Durham Technical Community College student; basic writing and communication skills; eligible for work study position; knowledge of word processing and photography editing software is preferred but not required.
Job Type: Work Study