| Athletics and Physical Education offers a diverse program of physical and outdoor education, recreational services, intramural sports and intercollegiate athletic competition, plus Wellness programs for faculty and staff and fitness centers for the entire Cornell community.|
The Programming & Marketing Coordinator is a year-round position directly responsible for many facets of camps, clinics and marketing within the Department of Athletics & Physical Education. The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as the operations director for Cornell Camps & Clinics this programming includes CUBS (Cornell University Big Red Sports) Camp, a highly visible summer program within the Sports School for kids ages 6-13, as well as several other sport-specific day camps and clinics throughout the year. While operating within the guidelines of the New York State Department of Health, Cornell Camps & Clinics requires a high level of safety and supervision to maintain compliance. The CUBS Camp is a critical source of revenue for the department and requires consistency in leadership and curriculum development in order to be successful and maintain a high rate of return. This position should be able to devote significant time throughout the academic year to the development of all summer programming and as well as camp promotions within the community.
This position is solely responsible for developing the CUBS Camp curriculum, working with coaches to develop sport-specific year-round curriculum, hiring and training CUBS Camp staff, maintaining the CUBS Camp budget and approving payroll. This position serves as the primary office manager for the Cornell Camps & Clinics, which includes: interviewing and selecting interns, training interns/student workers/temp employees, filing, maintaining the camp database, customer service and other office duties as assigned.
This position will assist in the development, coordination and implementation of marketing plans for the intercollegiate sports programs at Cornell University. Will also assist in game day atmosphere, in-game promotions, branding and community outreach, as well as assist in the execution of corporate sponsorship contracts.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Experience managing staff
- Proven ability to effectively manage a high volume of work and accurately determine priorities.
- Proven ability to positively interact with all levels of staff, faculty, students and other constituents from diverse communities.
- Demonstrated ability to track deadlines and to follow-through on work issues.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner while efficiently dealing with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and busy office.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must maintain respectful, positive working relationships with all co-workers and the general public.
- Must represent department in professional, mature manner, and positive, welcoming demeanor are critical.
- Reliable, responsible, must exercise good judgment and enjoy working with children, especially 6 to 13 year olds.
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to appropriately handle highly sensitive information.
- Visa sponsorship for this position is not available.
- Relocation assistance for this position is not available.
- Valid and up-to-date Lifeguard, CPR/First Aid certifications
- Event-planning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of NYS Department of Health camp guidelines
- Typically lifts 20 to 50 lbs
- Normal concentration
- Limited exposure to hazards
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Cover letter and Resume/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for files or use the Drop Files Here' box to manually drag documents into your application.For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please go to https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/how-we-hire.
Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
University Job Title:Coord Program I
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Jose Delgado
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Background check may be required.2016-11-23-08:00