Posting Number: 0000673
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Coordinator will create interest for the Center’s services and work with the leadership team and program managers to market the Center’s mission and its programs to the community. This position will assist the Center for Workforce & Community Development’s (CWCD) leadership team and Lee College in increasing the demand for our services and reach markets where the programs will best thrive and be of service.
This position will perform various marketing, communications and sales duties for the CWCD, including, but not limited to: media communications, social media marketing, website content development and marketing; email marketing; print marketing; community relations and advertising.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Inter-Department Coordination and Collaboration
- This position requires a high level of coordination and collaboration with Lee College’s Marketing and Public Affairs Office. While this position does not report to the Director of Marketing and Public Affairs, it will provide strategic support for the CWCD in both services and resources and is responsible for the whole of Lee College’s marketing and media efforts.
- Plan and Implement advertising, marketing and public relations initiatives in coordination with the Lee College
Marketing and Public Affairs Department.
- Work with the CWCD leadership team and Lee College’s Marketing and Public Affairs Department to coordinate marketing and advertising duties related to contracted services and purchasing, such as print, photography, proofing/editing, freelance artists/writers, direct mail service and exhibition/display vendors and the Center’s online/print catalog.
- Provide editorial leadership for CWCD by developing standards and processes for content creation and distribution, ensuring all content is on-brand and consistent with Lee College’s media protocols and is coordinated with Lee College’s Public Information Manager.
- Adhere to institutional style and branding guidelines.
Media Relations and Writing
- Research local media platforms and establish relationships with reporters and publications.
- Draft press releases marketing the Center through feature stories about the Center’s partnerships and successful students; upcoming classes and events; Center success and achievements; and distribute to regional and national media lists.
- Distribute calendar listings to local media.
- Pitch stories for broader audiences to larger publications (regional, statewide and national).
- Write copy, coordinate projects and develop and maintain various mailing/media lists.
Social Media Marketing
- Coordinate all social media marketing for the Center.
- Create and maintain and social media calendar.
- Schedule posts promoting classes and events.
- Post from events where the Center is present.
- Coordinate photography for events that happen in your absence and post to appropriate social media platforms.
- Create targeted campaigns to increase Center’s enrollment and visibility among key audiences.
- Maintain Center’s online identity on Facebook, lnstagram and LinkedIn platforms.
- Research social media trends to ensure the Center’s marketing efforts are reaching target audience and maintain its relevance.
Website Content Development and Marketing
- Coordinate website updates with Lee College Webmaster while maintaining day-to-day content.
- Review web reports from the Center’s Lee College subpages.
- Ensure webpages are frequently updated with fresh content, timely calls-to-action and opportunities for engagement.
- Review website layout, create updated wireframes when necessary.
- Write compelling email content to inform audience about the Center or particular programs.
- Email marketing campaigns targeting current and former students, interest lists, partners and potential students.
- Use email platforms to reach audience and track how the audience interacts with the message.
- Create print marketing campaigns to promote the Center and specific programs.
- Print marketing may be mailed, handed out at events, posted in public places or be made available at the Center.
Community Relations and Engagement
- Represent the Center at community events, such as job fairs and festivals.
- Represent the Center at workforce events, seminars and conferences.
- Reach out to local clubs and organizations and ask to talk to members about the Center at meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local companies, organizations, government offices and community resources.
- Coordinate the Center’s involvement in the community.
Advertising and Promotions
- Perform an extensive variety of functions to coordinate, initiate and manage the development and production of marketing and advertising materials to promote and support the CWCD programs.
- Use cost effective and professional promotional items to create brand awareness.
- Advertise programs, when appropriate, through local media, on public boards, online and through organizations and events.
- Use brand guidelines to create compelling visual pieces that tell the story of the Center and its programs.
- Create marketing and promotional concepts.
- Create graphic designs and layout of ads.
- Produce and distribute information, ads, brochures and flyers in coordination with the Marketing and Public Affairs Department.
Measurement, Tracking and Reporting
- Research trend analysis on all forms, including social media engagements, email campaigns, post-event enrollment, registration data and anywhere we can collect information.
- Produce compelling content using internal data and leveraging external trends to acquire new students and increase engagement of existing audiences.
- Create short trainings for the staff to help direct marketing efforts (e.g., preparing for a community event, social media marketing).
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires creativity,excellent written and oral communication skills, a solid customer orientation, understanding based on analysis, the ability to persuade on the merits, the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and competitiveness and persistence.
- Manage the marketing budget.
- Refine and follow a strategic marketing plan.
- Attend team meetings, serve on committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree from an accredited institution with at least three (3) years of related work experience in marketing, communications, and/or graphic design; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in graphic design/production, advertising and/or marketing
- A proven record of managing multiple marketing projects for traditional and digital media and hands-on experience writing, managing, producing and curating content across multiple channels
- Must have excellent presentation skills in order to communicate effectively with Individuals from diverse backgrounds both within the college district and in external organizations
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press and email marketing platforms such as Mail Chimp and Constant Contact.
- This position will perform various marketing and sales functions for the CWCD including: brand promotion, presentations, attend events, trade shows, job fairs and conferences, and sell CWCD product. Strong networking, communication, and follow-up skills are needed to grow membership, sell product, and increase brand awareness.
- Skilled in the use of computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours as needed